Saturday, February 19, 2011

HGTV Dream Home 2011 in Vermont


Last weekend I had the opportunity to travel to picturesque Stowe, Vermont. I had become intrigued with the idea of going there after watching the HGTV 2011 Dream Home Tour.  The television special does not do this gorgeous home justice!  

(All images are from HGTV website)
Front entry from neighborhood private road

The house is grander in person, with magnificent mountain views over the ski hills of Stowe. And what a charming town Stowe is! One of the highlights of my trip was a snowmobile ride at dusk throughout the countryside that lasted into the nighttime hours.

The Dream House is spacious yet cozy, and decorated in the new transitional style that I completely love and embrace. Such a chic blend of sleek modern with natural finishes, cool and collected menswear fabric-covered furniture with pops of cheery color from throw pillows, classic accessories with modern art. The juxtaposition of modern with natural and rustic were done incredibly well, and felt true to a mountain luxury home. 

Now THIS is a mudroom. Not visible in this photo is a sink area.
Spacious kitchen. Great mix of luxe, industrial and casual. Counters are white quartz, cabinets are painted maple.
 Stacked Carrera marble tile under painted maple cabinets with charcoal finish. Luxurious yet simple -- beautiful!
I would love to have this view while cooking!
Gathering room. Love the midcentury-inspired dimensional steel and copper wall sculpture on fireplace.
What a view! And aren't those dining chairs perfect? Pneumatic and adjustable, modern and practical. And they look great juxtaposed under the more traditional glass cloche chandeliers.
The annex area. The white steel cloud-likes sculpture 'floats' above the seating area.
 .
Master bedroom with salvaged vintage pocket doors.
Master bath view from bedroom.

Love all the menswear fabric in the decor!
This guest room is nicer than most owner's suites.
Guest room view of firepit and jacuzzi.
Living area. What a fabulous fresh apple-green color. And that reclaimed barn door as art piece -- love it!!
Ski dorm. Sleeps 8 in rustic style. Drapes slide on a track closing beds off  from rest of room for privacy and warmth.
Ladders to access upper bunks.
Industrial-chic ski dorm bathroom. On left side are Stowe Mountain Resort ski trail signs used as art.
My college dorm showers did not look like this!
Even the laundry room is luxurious.

For those of you who know my design style, you can probably understand how much I adore this house.  I love this house so much that I, along with millions of others, have entered  the drawing to win the HGTV 2011 Dream Home  (the gateway entry period is now closed).  I feel quite certain that they will be calling my name from the millions of entries they’ve received.  Even though I have never really won anything in my life, I am feeling this one!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this topic- interesting to see how these designers translate their fashion talent to their surroundings.

    ReplyDelete